Preventive Dentistry in Brandon
Check-Ups & Cleanings
Cavities, tooth wear, gum disease… while common, these issues can actually be prevented. With today’s technology and products, your teeth can last a lifetime without needing any repair. At our practice, we strive to accomplish just this by instilling positive oral hygiene habits in adults and children, and then showing them how to avoid needing more comprehensive dental care.
For each patient, we provide a complete comprehensive exam, which takes about an hour and a half. This includes a soft tissue exam, a TMJ screening, an oral cancer screening (including Velscope), digital X-rays, intra and extra oral photographs, DIAGNOdent (laser) decay detection, complete charting and a periodontal probing of each tooth. Advanced diagnostic technology allows us to detect problems in their earliest stages, while treatment is still at its most conservative level.
Our ultimate goal is to show people how to get their mouth healthy and keep it that way ... for life.
Our preventive dentistry services include:
- Dental Cleanings
- Dental Sealants
- Topical Fluoride Treatments
- Regular/Timely Checkups
- Patient Education
- Protective Nightguards (for Bruxism and Temporal Mandibular Disorders)
- Snoreguards and Sleep Apnea Appliances
- Athletic Mouthguards
- DIAGNOdent (laser cavity detection)
- Velscope (light fluorescing scope for early detection of tissue dysplasia)
- Oral DNA Testing (to determine disease pathogens causing gum infection, to determine genetic risk for gum disease, and for detection of HPV)
Oral Cancer Screenings
As part of our comprehensive exam every patient receives an oral cancer screening. This includes a manual and visual exam as well as a screening with the Velscope. This unique advanced screening tool uses a blue light to stimulate natural fluorescence in the soft tissues of the mouth. By using the Velscope, potentially cancerous lesions can become apparent to the dental professional that may not be apparent to the naked eye. The result is earlier detection of unhealthy lesion leading to earlier and more effective treatment.
Advanced Dental Technology
Advancements in dentistry have made the field much more predictable and comfortable.
We can detect cavities before they get to a stage necessitating more extensive procedures, allowing us to perform conservative dentistry. We can also show you your mouth at 35X magnification with an intraoral camera or digital photography, so you can better understand the dentist’s explanations. X-rays are now digital, not only reducing radiation exposure to minuscule amounts, they are also displayed on computer monitors, magnified for easy review and diagnosis.
Some of our patients have not seen a dentist in a while because of their fears. We completely understand and treat them with the utmost respect. To accommodate these patients, we offer nitrous-oxide analgesia coupled with music of their choosing via headphones to help them relax and take their minds off the procedure. We can help the most severe dental “phobic” relax through dental procedures with oral sedation. This allows not only a very relaxed visit where they remember little of the procedure, but they can now begin to feel good about their beautiful smile and improved dental health.
Our technology and amenities include:
- Micro-air Abrasion - for increased bond strengths
- DIAGNOdent - for laser decay detection
- Digital X-rays - for enhance diagnosis
- Digital Photography - for enhanced analysis and documentation
- Intra-oral Camera - educational tool and insurance documentation
- Computers in Every Room - readily available information and education
- Nitrous-oxide in Every Treatment Room - relaxation for anxious patients
- Pandora Internet Music Selection with Headphones - individual music selection
- Blankets and Pillows - additional patient comfort
- Warm, Moist Towels - additional patient comfort following a procedure
- Velscope - Fluorescing Light Scope for early oral cancer detection
- MyPerioPath – Salivary DNA test that determines the cause of periodontal infections
- MyPerioID PST – Salivary DNA test that determines increased risk for severe periodontal infections
- OraRisk HPV - Salivary DNA test that determines who is at increased risk for HPV-related oral cancers
- KoR Whitening System – Newest, most effective teeth whitening guaranteed
- Opalescence To-Go Whitening-- Professional strength take-home teeth whitening
- iTero Digital Scanner -- We can take 100% digital impressions without using a mold or putty
Explore More Services
Periodontal Treatment Restorative Dentistry Full-Mouth Reconstruction Cosmetic Dentistry Teeth Whitening Porcelain Crowns & Veneers Crown Lengthening Orthodontics Cosmetic Smile Design Dental Implants