Understanding the Cost of Orthodontics – Brandon, SD
Improving Smiles Without Surpassing Budgets
Nowadays, there are many options to choose from when preparing to receive orthodontic treatment. Not only are there traditional metal braces, but you can also opt for a more subtle and discreet solution with clear aligners. No matter your decision, the number one question you probably have is, “How much are braces?” Fortunately, at Wehrkamp Dentistry, we can get you the care you need without breaking the bank or forcing you to empty your life savings. With many available payment methods, we can help identify which solution is right for you and have you on your way to a healthier smile. Contact us today to learn more.
What Factors Contribute to the Overall Cost?
No two patients are alike, so even if your best friend had braces and it cost them thousands, your situation may be far different and result in less money spent to fix your bite or crooked teeth. Some of the most common factors that contribute to the overall cost of your treatment include:
- Treatment: Which method of orthodontics you choose will play a large factor in how much you can expect to spend on treatment. It’s no secret that metal braces are most affordable, but Invisalign and other clear aligners produce results quicker, making them a more popular option, especially among adults and older teens.
- Technology: It is necessary for our team to capture dental impressions and review digital X-rays when preparing your treatment plan, so based on the type of technology an orthodontist uses, it can make a big difference in how much you will pay for your braces or aligners.
- Duration: Naturally, the longer you receive orthodontic treatment, the more you can expect to pay, which is why so many people opt for clear aligners. Unfortunately, not everyone is eligible for this type of treatment, which is why metal braces are another available option.
Is It Worth the Investment?
In theory, your smile is priceless; however, we know that in reality, achieving a healthy, beautiful smile can be costly. Realizing you need braces or aligners to improve the alignment of your teeth or bite may feel daunting as you stare down the bill you receive; however, when you consider the results you’ll achieve, you’ll quickly find it is worth the investment. Here’s why:
- Your oral health will improve greatly by addressing common problems that can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental issues, all of which can cause you to spend more time and money receiving restorative treatment
- Your appearance will be enhanced, and your confidence will receive a dramatic boost
- You’ll have results that can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance (i.e. wearing a retainer)
Does Insurance Cover Braces?
In most cases, dental insurance companies will agree to cover the cost of orthodontics, however, you may need to speak to a representative or have a member of our team work on your behalf to ensure there are no exclusions. Oftentimes, insurers will stipulate that only metal braces are eligible for coverage while clear aligners are not.
No matter if your insurer agrees to cover the costs or not, we proudly accept cash, credit card, or check, and we can assist in helping you enroll in a third-party financing plan that will allow you to break up the total cost of treatment into more manageable payments. With no-interest and low-interest plans available, you can stay within your budget and look forward to the results you’ll see after completing orthodontic treatment.